Insurance Agent? YES… we are.
We come from many different background & reasons in our profession. But only have ONE goal to help people UNDERSTAND about insurance, KNOW their NEEDS and own insurance to PROTECT their valuable asset when the life-risk happens suddenly.
There are sometimes, people look down our profession, just because of their narrow mind, says this profession only thinks about money or commission.
But let me ask, who doesn’t need money ?
But yes, there are some insurance agents who are irresponsible at their profession, only think about commission and no deep understanding about the products.
How about other profession? There must be irresponsible people with their profession.
People always think, insurance agents have nothing to do with their profession, have many free time, and money comes.
Let me tell you, our profession is having FLEXIBLE time, just like a businessman. You see that we only go eat and meet people in coffee shop or good restaurant. That is how we work.
So, we have flexible time, we also have flexible place to make our prospect or clients to be comfort with us. Remember , to COMFORT our prospects and clients.
Now, let me tell you, how is exactly INSURANCE AGENT (life and general) works in daily :
• Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
• Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
• Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
• Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
• Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
• Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
• Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
• Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
• Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
• Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
• Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems.
• Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
• Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
• Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
• Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
• Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
• Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
• Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
Source : https://www.insurancejobs.com/job-de…/insurance-sales-agent/
Come on INSURANCE AGENT, be PROUD of your profession and achieve your goal !
See you at MDRT International Day 2018.